Car accidents are one of the deadliest and most common examples of personal injuries in America. So, what actions should you take if involved in a car accident? What are possible outcomes for both parties? Does the driver at fault pay for all the damages? In case of a car accident, you need legal guidance from Car accident attorney in Seattle.
Some of the major causes of car accidents are:
- Driving aggressively: People nowadays are always in a rush to get to work, activities, personal errands, or perhaps if they’ve just had a bad day. Aggressive drivers tend to only think of themselves and see every other car as merely an obstacle in their way.
- Driving in an unconscious state: Driving in an unconscious state (either by drinking alcohol, taking drugs or merely driving drowsy) has major consequences. A responsible driver should ask someone else to drive or call an Uber/Cab to get them to their destination.
- Ignorance of traffic signs: A lot of accidents just happen because someone simply ignores the traffic signs especially during construction. Traffic signs are ignored more often than you’d think and this selfish act often produces horrible results.
- Distracted driving: The most common form of distracted driving today is the use of cell phones. When a driver is using his/her mobile phone while driving, it limits their reaction time to surroundings. Another form of distracted driving comes from people eating in the car. Driving is an act that people become comfortable with and they begin multitasking.
- Unsafe weather and poor road conditions: Sometimes accidents happen because the weather and the road conditions that come with it. Loss of vision on a foggy day, slippery roads in the winter months, rainy weather, etc.
These were the major causes of car accidents. So what about the effects? Let’s just discuss the effects too.
What might be the most probable effects of car accidents? Obviously, it will affect the victim physically, mentally, financially and emotionally. But, not only the victim but his close ones will also be affected mentally and emotionally (probably, not physically in every case). And what else does it effects? The victim may have the anxiety of a car or driving after the accident. The victim may be traumatized or may generate some sort of phobia (if he meets a dangerous car accident). Some of the common and major effects of car accidents physically are whiplash, traumatic brain injury, neck strains, fractures, disk injuries, etc. Car accidents may also cause instant death or severe or incurable damage to your body.
Oh, now that’s very scary, isn’t it? Are you having goosebumps yet?
So, are there any preventive measures to control and minimize car accidents? Of course, there are, because there is a solution to every problem, isn’t it? So, what are the preventive measures? Let’s find out right now.
Of course, the preventive measures are just opposite to the causes. But, there are some additional measures too. Some of the major preventive measures of car accidents are:
- Avoid driving aggressively.
- Never ever drink and drive.
- Always be aware of traffic signs and lights.
- Know your car’s limits.
- Maintain the condition of your car.
- Keep scanning the area ahead.
- Beware of blind spots.
Now that you have learned the types of accidents and the preventive measures to avoid any kind of accident. What if you still met with an accident? What steps do you need to take?
You need to ask for the help from an experienced Car accident attorney in Seattle, but how actually? Well, just follow these four steps:
- Gather information from the crime scene.
- Seek medical care.
- Report your car accident to your insurance company.
- Contact a professional attorney.
Now, you don’t need to worry about the damage at all.